Thursday, October 4, 2007

yeah, about that

Bitter insomniac Mandie is baaaaaack! Raise your hand if you missed me.....anybody? Anybody? Bueller? Lest y'all think I'm cured and on with my life and back to HappyLand, just FYI, this evening shall be filed under "relapse".

Things were okay until the TV came on. I don't even watch My Name is Earl, since I don't find trailer parks or jail all that fascinating, but it was on as I started dinner. The blonde floozy with a belly out to there. Cool, but whatever, I'm HAPPY, remember? Gray's. I love Grays! While the storyline was blessedly free of anything involving pregnancy, there was that whole meth-baby issue. Cool! People like THAT become parents every day. But not two hard working fun loving good hearted mostly sober married people, noooooo. Next, we finally got around to watching last week's Desperate Housewives. You KNOW you're losing it when you're jealous of a fake pregnancy. Yes, I have no shame, I'll admit it- I was jealous of Bree's strap on baby bump. And just moments later.....it gets better! Susan's pregnant! Total shocker! Isn't that just perfect? I can't wait for next week. I'm sure she'll be painting the nursery in designer maternity. And last but most certainly not least- our beloved Friday Night Lights premiers tomorrow. Somehow I found a link to a "sneak preview" of the first episode. What could be safer than a show about small town Texas and football and high schoolers, right? Until Minute 2 when we get to watch the coach's wife go into labor. Then the miracle of birth and the proud new daddy with the misty eyes....and....well, that's as far as I got before shutting that crap down and proclaiming how much I HATE that stupid Friday Night Lights show and really always have because it just sucks and they're a bunch of stupid asshats and who the hell wants to live in stupid farking hot old TEXAS anyway and I hope those STUPID DYLAN PANTHERS LOSE EVERY SINGLE GAME because that show is just CRUEL!!

Insanity. I own it.

So, TV is looking off limits unless I can manage to find something 100% NBR (aka Not Baby Related). Or at least, it's off limits when the bitter mood sets in. We better find a hobby.

2 comments:

Juicy said...

I'm telling you, America's Next Top Model. That show doesn't have any stinking pregnant women, nor do they discuss the miracle of life ever! Also, cooking shows-that's what you should watch. Yum, J would really love that, I bet. :)

hugs sweetie. I'm right there with ya.

Maria (MKC101103) said...

If you find something NBR, please post it so I can watch to. I don't think anything like that really exists but anything is possible!