Monday, October 29, 2007

i never liked turkeys anyway

In lieu of diving right into my usual self-indulgent nonsensery, I want to share a few clips that make me giggle. J saw these at a dealership training seminar. Dad also seems to get a kick out of them, since every time we talk I hear a badger impression.











Okay, back to all things me-related. (That's what blogs are for, right?) This morning was not among my finer risings. I woke up and as usual, spent a minute figuring out what day it was, what the date was, and what I had to do today. Then tried with all my might to sink down into the mattress and disappear for 33 days or so when I realized this is the week November begins. November, the month that was supposed to bring with it our first baby. Instead, it is likely to bring a whole lot of sad emotions. Not only am I not having our Turkey baby, not only am I not finding out the sex of our April baby, but I'm still waiting for my body to decide to function normally. Two MONTHS since miscarriage #2 began, and I'm still not "normal". (I'll omit any detailed explanations in the rare chance that this is being read by my husband, my father, my brother, or any member of the male species.) This is getting o-l-d. Or, I should say, it got o-l-d about 3 weeks ago. Now, it's verging on ridiculousness, as I prepare to head back to the doctor's office tomorrow to investigate this newest reproductive system malfunction. Yep, back to the OBGYN. Perfect. I'm sure the sight of 100 or so bulging bellies in the waiting room will affect me positively. But back to the point, I wish that I could rip out the November page from my calander and crumple it up and have that be that. I'd like to go Rip Van Winkle awhile, wake up on December 1, past the dreaded date, past the turkeys, past the risk of a mental breakdown. Or, you know, just wake up with a uterus that aims to please rather than infuriate. I just want it to be '08 already. I know there are no guarantees, but I'd bet my lucky scrunchie that it will be better than '07. (No, I don't have a lucky scrunchie. If you didn't catch the Legally Blonde reference I'm embarassed for you.)

Here's what saves the day: tonight, The Bachelor is partaking in the "most dramatic rose ceremony ever". Well, probably not, but he is making the home date rounds. AKA, the best episode of the whole season. We're DVRing so I can half-watch the Packer game, and because it's much more enjoyable to watch a recorded commercial-free version.

That's all for now. Here's hoping for good news tomorrow.

5 comments:

Joy said...

Good luck surviving the baby farm. And I hope they can fix your malady simply & painlessly.

The Writer Chic said...

Ugh. Thinking about you today, as you venture, as Trish said, to the baby farm. No fun. Hnag in there, hun. Only 63 days left of yoru dreaded '07.

Tamara said...

Hi Mandie, thinking of you today and hoping that the appt went well! I'm with you on skipping November, or really, the rest of 2007.
Tamara (lovelifeinthesouth)

Karen At Home Blog said...

Hi Mandie, here is a big hug to you. I know how you are feeling with the birth month of your first child upon you. It was July for us and it was very hard to think about at times. On the due date, Jeff and I went to dinner and tried to keep things positive. We toasted us and all the things we were thankful for and of course had a drink for "hyphen". (that was the name we gave him since the books all said it was the size of a hypen at 8 weeks). Things will only get better for you with each passing day.

Karen
Nestie "karenandjeff"

Tabatha said...

Hope the trip to the OBGYN went well this week. {{ HUGS }}

AustinNestie: MrsMillerTime