Monday, October 1, 2007

54 hours of fantasticness

Well, I never. Turns out I haven't become a total bore, and I TOTALLY still know how to have and be fun! What a lot of fun packed into lesser than 2.5 days. The plane landed at 11:30pm Thursday, and 30 minutes later, Sarah and I were at the bar. The packed, fun, alumni filled bar (homecoming weekend) where the schooners were flowing. And the fun truly didn't stop until my crack of dawn wake up yesterday morning to get to the airport. That....not so fun. But totally worth it.


Where to start? We got pedis, had a hilarious girly lunch that reminded me just how amazingly funny my girlfriends are and just how much crazy shit we packed into 4 years at UND, did some shopping at the world famous Columbia Mall, and later, Jenny and I visited Alpha Phi. That made me feel older than dirt, but brought back some fantastic memories. The girls are still grouching about the Big Green Couch, Euna-bomber is still the most cantankerous house mom on University Ave, and the rooms are still cute and crammed and cable-free. But more importantly- it still looked like the same cozy casa that hosted the very best of my college years. Same foyer where I played Recruitment Nazi and perfected "window popping", same kitchen where I shirked my kitchen duty night after night, racking up some pretty impressive duty fines, same formal where Monday night meetings were attended and world peace (er...Greek Week and frat prefs) were discussed, same Closet and Haunted Triple and Lookout. So, so many happy memories. Thanks, Martha Foote Crow!


We had the rehearsal and dinner that night, and kept on going until the $4 cab ride home much later on. (A $4 cab ride! Only in ND! I couldn't get to my MAILBOX for 4 bucks!) The wedding was great and the bride was Gorgeous. No doubts about that happy couple, not a one. Lots of old friends and catching up to do. The weekend flew by and I'm already missing it. Sara was the final in our six-some to marry, so it was the last marital hurrah. Now on to planning a get together cruise for the next round of reminiscing and debauchery.


Back in real life, I had my follow up appointment with Dr. S today. Good God, I love that man (and J knows and doesn't mind). The waiting room was cruel as ever (only 1 of 100 examples: the thrilled couple sitting beside me after their sonogram as the wife admired and examined and grinned over their perfect little sonogram showing their perfect little end of 1st trimester fetus) but the doctor is worth the wait. He pronounced me entirely healthy and healed, and talked me through the blood tests they planned to run if I wanted to. Dr. S truly feels it was a freak chromosomal mix up (meaning- not our fault, nothing wrong with me, just truly terrible luck times 2) but understands my desire for testing to, as he said, ease my mind with the great results. He says he's no more concerned about me after miscarriage #2 than he would have been (had he been my doctor) after miscarriage #1. We'll know more the end of this week or so as the test results come back, but I'm certainly encouraged by his confidence.


Off to ease my about-to-burst DVR. I literally can't decide what I want to watch first. The cheerleaders are waiting, Addison's new show still unwatched, and I'm totally slacking on LC and JustinBobby. And I need to hurry, because it's Bachelor night. I'm exhausted already.



A few shots from the weekend.
Jenny and Mandie self-portrait outside Alpha Phi:

Me with the beautiful bride-to-be at the rehearsal dinner:
Three Fantastica Bridesmaids

2 comments:

Morgan said...

I am so happy that you had a blast with your girls and let your hair down! I am also extremely happy with the news your doc gave you! I wish you and J the best in these next few months as you get answers and keep up the hope! Enjoy that DVR!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I just spent the past hour reading your blog after stumbling upon your last post on the Nest. I remember you from our days on the WI Knot. I'm SO sorry to hear your sad news. I hope the next few months and 2008 bring you peace and joy. :) And btw, your writing is fantastic! You have a great way of telling stories...and who doesn't like talking about The OC, The Hills, and cookie dough for breakfast/lunch/dinner?! (surfergirl28)