Friday, October 19, 2007

tv star dropouts

The TV career of J and Mandie was short lived and entirely disappointing. We signed up to be extras on the set of Friday Night Lights, one of our very favorite TV shows. I had been called to do this once before, but when I found out it was a pool scene in need of "young college types in bikinis" I decided against taking the job. I don't want to be seen in my bikini in my backyard, much less on national television. Yikes. But when my next invite came, to take part in the fully clothed taping of a football game scene, I was all over it. I convinced J we'd have fun doing this together. Well, fun wasn't had. Let's just say the show looks a whole lot more entertaining on TV. In person, it's a lot of "rolling" and "cut" and sitting around staring at our shoes in between. No glamour, no craft services, no paparazzi. And let's just say the knocked up high schooler sitting behind me with her 14 year old looking boyfriend forced me to consciously focus on not poking her in the eyeball with my pom pom. Then we overheard someone say the taping would probably last until 3am. What?! 3am?! When the next potty break was called, we gathered our stuff and ran for the hills. We'll see when the show airs (Laribee Lions v. Dylan Panthers) whether our adorable mugs made the cut or not. Here are a couple pictures from our time on set. They look as boring as it was, but if you watch the show regularly, and smush your face up real close to the screen and squint- you'll recognize Riggins, Sarreson, and Smash in the top photo.

No comments: