Wednesday, August 29, 2007

houston, we have a HEARTBEAT!


Woooo Hoooo! The appointment yesterday went so much better than I had ever imagined! I was a WRECK. I didn't sleep for more than a few hours the night before, and I nearly had a panic attack in the exam room waiting for the doctor, but I think that's not so abnormal all thngs considered. The ultrasound started and I couldn't look at the screen or Dr. V. Instead I stared up at J, watching for any sign of elation or crushing disappointment on his face. I saw him smile and my heart jumped. A moment later, Dr. V was pointing out our growing embryo and her (I'm going with "her" on this one) BEATING HEART! I was too busy sobbing to hear much after that, I had been so positive the news would be bad that I hadn't even imagined a positive outcome or how it would feel to be so HAPPY. The little one was measuring late in the 6th week, I had thought we were mid week 7, but Dr. V assured us this didn't matter since the heartbeat was present and strong. 150-160! J decided on the drive home that BabyFrazier will be called Grover for now. I'll go back in 3 weeks for another ultrasound and am feeling so positive this time. I can actually envision an April baby and hope this optimistic point of view will stick around. Oh, and the nurse said Grover has my eyes. Lucky G!

I don't want to live in Texas anymore. I walked down the stairs a few hours ago to see George creeping around on the tile hunting...something. A second later I saw what I can only imagine was the biggest, ugliest bug in Texas. A cockroach? I have no idea. Long legs, huge feelers, gi-gan-tic. This thing was nearly the size of my cell phone and I swear if he wanted to he could have eaten the cat. Sensing my fear (maybe it was the blood-curdling scream), both dogs cowered behind me on the stairs- some help they are. I called J, who (how rude is this) refused to leave work to come home and kill this thing. I don't know what's gotten into him. (haha) So I stood on the stairs and whimpered. I half hoped that would scare him to death so I wouldn't have to deal with it. I finally got myself together long enough to throw J's biggest, heaviest shoe on top of him. ::shudder:: I swear, there weren't bugs like this in Wisconsin. Only in Texas can something grow THAT big.

Have I mentioned how relieved I am today? Keep growing, Grover!

No comments: