Thursday, July 17, 2008

a premonition?

Or just your average dream, who knows. Last night, I had a very distinct dream that I want to post to my blog so I don't forget about it. In the dream, we went to see Dr. S in early September. In the next scene, we were in an ice cold Dairy Queen when the phone rang. (The Dairy Queen phone, not our cell phones, that would make all too much sense.) The Dairy Queen people announced over a loudspeaker that we had a call. When I picked up the phone, it was Dr. S's office, instructing me to check into the hospital at 10:30pm on September 10 to deliver the baby. I hung up the Dairy Queen phone and waddled back to the booth to tell J. We realized at the same moment that this meant our baby would likely arrive on September 11, which we both thought was kind of neat. Then I went back to my banana split, which makes me doubt the validity of this dream. A banana split is about as appetizing to me as a freakin' string cheese is right about now (protein, protein, protein....I go through a pack of those mothers a week, and it's getting miiiiighty old). If this were an accurate premonition, I'd have been chowing a Peanut Buster Parfait, extra hot fudge, pecans instead of peanuts. Then my blood sugar monitor would leap from my purse and smack me upside the head.

It probably means nothing, other than I have a very strong (and sadly unfullfilled) desire to go to Dairy Queen and that both September 10 and 11th have meaning (10th= grandma Rita's birthday, 11th= obvious). But just in case I am right, and this is some creepy mother's intuition at work....I'm on record.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm voting for Septembert 10 as it's my anniversary! I'll be watching to see when he makes his arrival!

Dawn