Tuesday, July 22, 2008

baby, meet baby!



That's me (duh) and my mom's sister, Jodi. Never would I have imagined we'd be doing the "baby thing" simutaneously- providing my grandparents with their last grandbaby and first great grandbaby in the span of a week or so. Jodi filled the big sisterly idol role in my childhood- she convinced me to name my first dolly Patty PooPoo (later joined by Wanda WeeWee), let me wear her punk rock clothes in the 80s and even took me to Dairy Queen to show 'em off, and was the first person I knew who actuallly had a pair of ::gasp:: Girbaud jeans- pretty much the epitome of coolness circa 1989, right? Her 3rd baby, a girl, is due 3 days after JumboBaby. Poor girl won't ever get a date. She's got two big brothers, and now this same-aged boy cousin to scare off any suitors.

That's all for now. J's home today and cleaning the house. For the first time ever, I just don't feel that bad about letting him clean up a storm while I sit and kill time on the internet. I feel more pregnant by the day- very exciting, very exhausting! The Fred Flinstone feet I could do without...but I suppose it's all part of the experience.

2 comments:

EJW said...

Last grandbaby?

Are you only having this one?

Mandie Lane said...

No, we hope to have more! My *grandparents* LAST grandbaby (my aunt's child will be the final grandchild- aka, my last cousin on that side)...FIRST great grandbaby (I'm the oldest grandchild and first to have a baby)! :) Confusing, right?