Sunday, August 31, 2008

he's full term!

Well, folks, I'm proud to report that Baby is FULL TERM! He could come out today and not be premature! I could call my doctor in labor and have that be a GOOD thing! I'm feeling a little in awe at the thought of it, and I'm hoping and praying that time continues to move at the speedy pace it has been going by as of late. Many a new mommy has warned me "the last month will drag". Week 1 of the last month (aka, week 36) went by in the blink of an eye. Probably because I was really busy. Busy doing what, you ask? Well......napping, watching crap TV, peeing every 3.5 minutes, walking my dog, watching my feet swell to epic proportions, reading literature (Tori Spelling's memoir, US Weekly, etc.), honing my Wheel of Fortune skills each weeknight at 6:30pm cdt, and refolding baby clothes for about the 10th time just for an excuse to hang out in the nursery. I really don't know how I fit it all in. Skills.

We saw Dr. S on Tuesday and were truly blown away by the ultrasound images. It's a BABY. He has lips, and they MOVE. He has little elbows! Not that I was ever expecting a lipless, elbowless child.....but still- wow! My body made LIPS AND ELBOWS. The sight of his little face really moved me, really made it feel possible that our baby boy, our child, is soon to come out and meet us. Wow (again). No progress as of Tuesday, but that's really okay. Really! I'm stubbornly refusing to cave to impatience just yet, and telling myself I'll go to at least 40 weeks is the best way to do that. Baby was measuring a little closer to normal again (just a week and a half or so ahead, as opposed to the 2+ weeks ahead we've seen in the past), which was a relief. Dr. S didn't seem entirely convinced (since so many ultrasounds have shown him measuring large), so we'll have another ultrasound on the 9th to check in.

Here's mama at 37 weeks and baby at 36 weeks!


7 comments:

Mandy Ford Art & Illustration said...

Yay!! Oh Mandie, I'm so excited for you!! And you look so adorable. :) Wishing you all the best these last few weeks!

Karen At Home Blog said...

Congrats Mandie! I am so happy for you! Good luck in the next few weeks, they will fly by!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Mandie! So excited for you!

Dawn

Jen said...

You look great and I mean that :). Just think...he will be here in a few weeks!

Anonymous said...

Aw, you look adorable! And so does your little guy. Hard to believe you'll be holding the little guy pretty soon, huh? SO exciting.

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful girl! I am so happy for you and for what is to come. Motherhood makes you glow!

--Rebecca M

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you :) Soon you'll be holding your little boy!! Wishing you a safe and smooth delivery...