Saturday, November 17, 2007

a much needed break

I took a "life hiatus", so to speak. In those times where the world seems to pile on the trouble, and bad news rains down relentlessly, there's nothing like mom's love to pull one through. I've been in Madison for 9 days now, on what has been a wonderful opportunity to clear my head, reclaim my life, and remember joy. Nothing like a daylong Michigan Avenue shopping excursion or a 34/0 Packer win over the Vikings to bring a smile to my face.

It's been fun, and it will also be wonderful to see J's smiling face again. And of course, the kiddos. I hear Henry, Griffin, Ralph, and George are getting lonely, and knowing I'll be greeted at home by four happy fuzzy faces will make it easier to board the southbound plane back home on Monday.


Here's me, mom, and mom's very good friend enjoying our day at Lambeau Field....

2 comments:

Tamara said...

I'm so glad you had a good break in Madison. You're right - mom's are truly special in what they can do to make us feel better. Take care Mandie!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! And Michigan Ave used to work like a charm for me too. Except my trips were a little too often when my office was ON Mich. Ave LOL. Did you visit the PB or Room and Board? Ah, sweet bliss. :)